Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wrapping it up

The unexamined life is not worth living-
                                                                  Socrates.



Truth in that phrase. I've been doing a bit of self examination ( hey, not THAT kind. Get your minds out of the gutter) the past few days I've been laid up with a terrible cold, morphing into some kind of Bubonic Plague mutation. Okay, perhaps I'm being  slightly dramatic. Whatever the hell it is, over the counter sinus/cold meds or chicken soup and rest not doing a damn thing. Finally dragged my ass to the doctor. Hoping this Z-pack of antibiotics does the trick.

So, it begs the question, with my body filled with icky bacteria and my brain clouded from the remnants of NyQuil, should I be blogging or blowing shit up in Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 3?

Dunno. Probably suck at both. Here, at least, I won't have a 15 year old calling me a Noob while knifing me in the back for the zillionth time.


I'm grateful for all that has happened to me in 2011.

The good, bad and ugly.

I'm not going to dwell on the negative. Not my style. Yes, I made mistakes. My flaws revealed. Did the shoulda, woulda coulda or wish I hadn't.

Haven't we all?  Hey, misery loves company, right?

I've met  some people who've had a profound impact on my life. I've gotten to know a few quite intimately. You know who you are. Not gonna list names. I know I will forget someone and they will feel slighted.

I'm a  professionally published author, not many can lay claim to that. My choice of genre has alienated some long time friends. Sad, but true. I mourn for the loss of friendship, so carefully built over decades, however, the new friends I've made via social media, they are as special to me as the ones I made in the sandbox so many years ago. Thank you my Face Book pals.

2012 is around the corner. I hope to be as blessed in the new year as the one rapidly leaving us.

If all you folks are with me in '12, then I know I will be.

None of this would be possible without my wife. Our relationship is unique and special, and some may view it with a arched brow, but after 25 years and her support of my writing and allowing me to have many friends of the opposite gender, the hell with tradition.

We've out lasted the naysayers ten fold.

Always will.

No comments: